So we are aware of how much you love to make your soda, and that’s why you love your own SodaStream machine. The idea of making your own soda at home is just so convenient; instead of buying calorie-filled drinks, now you have total control of what’s in them. But sometimes, just sometimes, things at home may also go wrong. The reason why today we’ll be sharing with you common SodaStream problems and how to fix them.
So let’s imagine you’ve been having fun making and enjoying your soda, but like any other manufactured machine, it may malfunction at some point. Do not panic if out of nowhere your SodaStream machine isn’t working properly. Most issues are common and are quickly resolved.
That said, the proper knowledge is key, and a series of steps must be followed to solve any problem you may come across to. And before you get all anxious about it, we’ll be showing you different scenarios of common SodaSrteam problems and how to fix them.
Common SodaStream Problems FAQ’s
What am I doing wrong with my SodaStream?
The SodaStream Nozzle is Clogged, or the Bottle is Dirty. A dirty bottle can make your drink taste musty or just generally awful, so you want to be sure to clean your bottles properly. Additionally, if the nozzle of your machine becomes clogged, a quick, thorough, proper cleaning can fix the problem in no time.
Can a SodaStream be repaired?
Suppose your Sparkling Water Maker malfunctions within the warranty period, and it is determined the problem is due to faulty artistry or materials. In that case, SodaStream will repair or replace it free of charge at SodaStream’s discretion within the limitations set out in the product’s warranty.
What is the warranty on SodaStream? Under normal home use, SodaStream provides a 2 (two) years limited warranty following the date of purchase. Remember to register your SodaStream online by visiting www.sodastream.com
Why is my SodaStream not fizzing?
The most common reason for the lack of fizz is that the carbonating bottle hasn’t been installed correctly at the base of the water maker. Check the back of the SodaStream machine by opening the rear protective plate and examining the carbonating cylinder to make sure that it has been screwed into place tightly.
How do I know if my SodaStream is broken?
When there is not enough carbonation, one way to check the contents of the CO2 canister is by pressing the button on top of the valve. If you hear gas escaping, it means that it’s too empty to work and needs to be replaced.
Why is my SodaStream flat?
The higher the pressure, the more CO2. For example, if you leave an open bottle of carbonated water on your table, it will go flat. If you cap the bottle, it will maintain carbonation but also build up pressure in the bottle.
Common SodaStream Problems and How to Fix Them
Water Not Carbonating Even Though CO2 Is Being Released
There are several reasons this may occur. You can follow the following tips to fix SodaStream’s weak carbonation.
- Allow your sparkling water to rest after carbonation. Once you have finished carbonating your water, please don’t open the SodaStream bottle as soon you are done; let it rest for 45 seconds.
This allows the CO2 gas to dissolve in the water completely.
- Make your water as cold as possible. Water is best carbonated when it’s cold because CO2 gas dissolves best in cold water.
- Check your CO2 cylinders. Problems from SodaStream CO2 Cylinders can also cause poor carbonation; the CO2 cylinders are almost empty, which will mean that the tanks don’t have enough CO2 to carbonate the water.
- Press the carbonation button more. If your water is not being carbonated as you would like with the recommended presses, you can go beyond the recommended presses.
- Check your SodaStream bottle. If your SodaStream bottle isn’t fitted tightly onto your SodaStream, it will lose gas, and your water won’t carbonate well.
Gas won’t Come Out of the SodaStream.
This typically happens when:
- SodaStream tanks aren’t screwed on properly. If this occurs, unscrew your tank and screw it on back.
- Your SodaStream Cylinder is out of gas, and you need to get it exchanged.
Includes two cylinders. Each cylinder carbonates up to 60 liters of water and works with all SodaStream machines.
- 4.85 pounds
- 60 liters
SodaStream Jet Carbonation Button Not Working
- The button on your SodaStream is made of plastic, and plastic tends to weaken with age and constant use. As a result, your SodaStream Jet Carbonation Button may stop working sooner than anticipated, depending on how often you use the machine.
- When the button wears out, you’ll notice that you’ll have to press it with more force to have the machine react at all. There are several video tutorials on how to fix this problem available online. You could also contact the customer service team at SodaStream.
You have a Smelly/Dirty Bottle.
A dirty bottle can make your drink taste musty or just generally awful, so you want to be sure to clean your bottles properly.
- To clean out your SodaStream bottle, you’ll want to be sure you’re using lukewarm water; at most, do not use hot water on your SodaStream bottle. Rinse out your bottle and add some dish soap to it.
- With the dish soap in your bottle, add some lukewarm water and shake the bottle vigorously.
- This will agitate the soap and cause suds. Once the bottle has been shaken thoroughly, let it sit with the suds for 15 minutes.
Most bottles are not dishwashers safe. It is recommended to clean the bottles regularly.
With a Sodastream cleaning brush, it is simple and easy. Keep your bottles clean with a SodaStream brush.
This brush is perfect for cleaning your Carbonating bottles; it is long and flexible and is suitable for small and large bottles.
- BPA free
- Easy to clean
- Suitable for small and large bottles
The SodaStream Nozzle is Clogged
If the nozzle of your machine becomes clogged, a quick, thorough, proper cleaning can fix the problem in no time.
- First, you’ll want to unplug your SodaStream machine if it’s an electric model. Wipe down your device with a soft cloth that is soaked with some mild detergent.
- Dish detergent works well for this and is safe to use. Make sure that you wipe between every crevice and mechanism to ensure you get all of the dirt and dust that may have built up.
- Once the machine is thoroughly wiped down, use a different cloth that has no detergent on it and wipe it down again. This cloth should be damp with warm or lukewarm water.
- When all of the soap has been cleaned from your machine, allow it to dry in a warm area. Before using the machine again, you will want to confirm that it is completely free of soap and is dry.
It is made from premium material, durable for practical and long-term use. This is a replacement sealing ring gasket for Sodastream nozzle repair.
It is 100% brand new and high quality, and suitable for all Sodastream and Sodaclub.
The Loader Tab of the SodaStream is Immobile
When pressure is applied to the lever of the SodaStream, it does not move.
Check to ensure that the tab is not damaged. If the tab is bent or damaged, it will need to be replaced.
It is also possible that there is something blocking the pathway of the tab. Remove any objects that may be in the way and try again.
Starting Angle and Position:
When you start to carbonate your water, the machine makes a loud noise and does not seem to be working correctly.
This is usually caused by an incorrect starting angle. The Sodastream machine must be started at a 45-degree angle. If it is not started at this angle, the machine will not work correctly.
- You may have started with an incorrect angle. Be sure that the nozzle and tab are both angled away from the SodaStream machine before the bottle is inserted.
- The tab may have gotten caught if you did not follow this initial step.
- Per the SodaStream manual, if you cannot pull the loader tab, you should ensure that the carbonating block is fully upright and upward.
- Be gentle so that the tab doesn’t suffer any undue damage, which may further complicate your dilemma.
Inserting and Removing the Bottle:
- Make sure that the carbonating block is in its fully upright position
- Gently pull the loader tab toward you until it clicks
- Insert the bottle into the snap-lock at the correct angle
- Firmly push the bottle up and back until it locks into place
- To remove your bottle, make sure that your carbonating block is still in its correct position, and pull the bottle toward you.
- Make sure not to do this roughly, as you may damage the bottle and your machine if you’re too aggressive.
Sealer Washer is Damaged
If the sealer washer is damaged, it will not be able to create a seal. This will cause your soda to go flat and will prevent the machine from carbonating properly.
Replace the sealer washer with a new one. Make sure that the new sealer washer is properly in place before trying to carbonate again.
Sodastream is not Fizzy Enough
If you find that your finished soda is flat and does not have enough bubbles, there are a few things you can do to fix the problem.
- Make sure that your CO2 cartridge is inserted properly into the machine. If it is not inserted correctly, it will not be able to carbonate your drink.
- Make sure that your water reservoir is full. If it is not full, the machine will not have enough water to carbonate.
- Check the sealing ring on your Sodastream bottle. If it is not sealing properly, gas will escape and your soda will go flat.
- Warm water usually produces fewer bubbles. To get the best results, use cold water.
Tip: With carbonated water, you can get more bubbles if it is unflavored. The flavor will be added with additional fizz and tangy taste of the soda itself!
Hear Gas Escaping from my SodaStream Machine
If you can hear gas escaping from your machine, it is likely that the CO2 cartridge is not properly inserted.
- Make sure that the cartridge is pushed all the way into the machine. You should hear a click when it is properly inserted.
- If the problem persists, try removing and reinserting the cartridge.
- The gas tube may also be loose. Make sure that the gas tube is properly connected to both the carbonation canister and the machine.
SodaStream is leaking during carbonation
A few things could cause your machine to leak during carbonation.
The first thing you should check is the seal on your Sodastream bottle. If the seal is not tight, gas will escape and your soda will be flat.
- The bottle is not in the Correct Place. The bottle must be in the correct place in order for the machine to properly carbonate. Make sure that the bottle is pushed all the way into the machine. You should hear a click when it is properly inserted.
- The bottle is not Fully Attached. The bottle must be fully attached to the machine in order for it to properly carbonate. Make sure that the bottle is screwed on tightly. You should not be able to unscrew the bottle by hand.
- Incorrect Starting Liquid Level. The Sodastream machine will not carbonate properly if the starting liquid level is too low. There should be at least 10 cm (4 inches) of water in the bottle in order for it to work correctly.
- Carbonating Air Hose Leaks. The next thing you should check is the carbonating air hose. If this hose is not properly attached, it will leak. To fix this problem, simply reattach the hose and make sure that it is tight.
- Carbonation Canister Leaks. Check the carbonation canister. If this is not properly inserted, it will leak. Make sure that the canister is pushed all the way into the machine. You should hear a click when it is properly inserted.
- Nozzle Leaks. If the nozzle is not properly attached, it will leak. To fix this problem, simply reattach the nozzle and make sure that it is tight.
- Water Leaks from the Bottom of Machine. If water is leaking from the bottom of your machine, it is likely that the rubber seal on the bottom of the machine is damaged. To fix this problem, simply replace the rubber seal.
SodaStream Not Dispensing Enough Soda
There are a few things that could cause your machine to not dispense enough soda.
- Check is the carbonation level. If the carbonation level is too low, your soda will not be as fizzy. To fix this problem, simply increase the carbonation level.
- Check is the amount of syrup in your soda. If you do not add enough syrup, your soda will not be sweet enough.
There are a few things that could cause this problem.
- Check that your SodaStream is properly connected.
- Disconnect and reconnect the power cord into a working electrical socket.
- Only use a SodaStream power adapter.
- Check that the power cord is not damaged.
- Lastly, It is also possible that the power supply is damaged.
SodaStream is Unresponsive
Too Many Sealer Washers on a Bottle
If you have too many sealer washers on your bottle, it will not be able to carbonate properly.
Remove the extra washers and try again. You should only have one sealer washer on each bottle.
The washer Needs to be Replaced
If your washer is not sealing properly, it will need to be replaced.
To do this, simply remove the old washer and replace it with a new one. Make sure that the new washer is the same size and shape as the old one.
Nothing Turns On On My SodaStream
Check to make sure that the machine is properly plugged in. If it is not plugged in, the machine will not turn on.
It is also possible that the power cord is damaged. If the cord is damaged, it will need to be replaced.
If the problem persists, contact customer service for further assistance.
Common SodaStream Problems Additional Tips
- If you carbonate water at room temperature, what happens is the gas won’t dissolve; instead, it will just escape when you open the SodaStream bottle.
- Only carbonate water and no other beverages.
- Carbonating other beverages will damage your SodaStream.
- Never use hot water, bleach to wash your SodaStream bottle, and do not wash it inside a dishwasher.
- Always wipe down your SodaStream after usage and cover or place it in a safe area to prevent dust and dirt build-up.
- Do not use bleach or other harsh chemicals to clean your bottles, as bleach will react to the plastic. This will cause foul odors and will also weaken the bottle’s strength.
List of SodaStream Replacement Parts And Upgrades
UNIVERSAL FIT FOR ANY SOFT DRINK IN A STANDARD PLASTIC BOTTLE. Screws onto one, 1 1/2, and 2L bottles easily to keep bubbles and carbonation for weeks. Larger emptier bottles may require extra pumping
CGA320 G1/2 CO2 Cylinder Refill Adapter Hose, CO2 Refill Station Connector Kit for Filling Soda Maker Sodastream Tank(36inch Hose, Dual Valve With Gauge) (24 Inch)
The refill adapter can be used to refill small CO2 tanks from larger CO2 tanks, The refill adapter is US CGA-320(G1/2), Please make sure the thread type of the CO2 tank is the same before purchase.
Follow these steps on how to use it.
- If you have a bulk industrial gas supplier they will “rent” you a tank that you just bring back when empty to swap for a full one. After the deposit, you just pay for the gas. The larger the tank the cheaper the CO2 is per weight but the more expensive the deposit is. The label should read “food grade” CO2.
- Unless the tank has a siphon tube in it, you will have to turn the tank upside down to fill the Sodastream cylinder. The larger the tank the more awkward this will be. Also, you need to assure that there is no chance the tank will slip and the top valve will snap off. This is EXTREMELY dangerous. Use common sense.
- Modern Sodastream cylinders are designed to be difficult to fill by consumers. Sodastream doesn’t want you to do this and they make it hard. The valve will close internally if too much pressure is applied when filling it. When opening the main 1/4 turn valve handle, open *slowly* until you just start to hear the hiss. Weigh the empty SodaStream cylinder before and after. The small ones hold a maximum of 453g of CO2. I can usually get between 400-420g in if I freeze the cylinder overnight.
AIEVE Bottle Adapter for Sodastream Machine, 3 Pack 28 mm Bubble Bottle Adapter Compatible with Sodastream Fizzi, SodaStream Terra, SodaStream Art (Green, Blue, Pink)
Make Common Bottle Sparkle: Put AIEVE for SodaStream adapter on the most common 28 mm plastic bottle, and you can use your soda machine to make sparkling water! You will find that making bubbly sparkling water becomes a breeze.
Allows using a standard CGA-320 large CO2 tank in most soda machines. Works with most soda machines and allows normal operation without any permanent changes.
Lightweight and Easy to Install, this soda co2 cartridges adapter is 60 inches long and the weight is only about 0.33kg, compared to other heavy ones, this one is more suitable for quick installation.
Upgraded soda stream Adapter Hose Kit, 60in CGA320 to TR21-4 Soda Maker Co2 Tank Direct Adapter Hose with Pressure Gauge and Exhaust Valve, 4500PSI
Universal Adaptability: The standard CGA-320 external hose can be used in large CO2 storage tanks(including CGA-320 in the United States, Canada, Brazil, Colombia, the Philippines, etc.), and it is suitable for most soda stream soda machines and works without continuous changes.
Upgraded Soda Machine Co2 Adapter with High-Pressure Stainless Steel External Hose, CGA320 Co2 Tank Direct Adapter to TR21-4 G1/2 Soda Water Machine (36 inches)
Universally Fit-Standard CGA320 soda machine adapter hose fits most soda maker machines for home and allows normal operation without any permanent changes.
WADEO CGA320 G1/2 CO2 Cylinder Refill Adapter with 36 Inch Hose and Gauge, CO2 Refill Station Connector Kit for Soda Maker Filling Sodastream Tank
WADEO 36 Inch stainless steel braided Hose Dual Valve with Gauge, the hose’s work pressure is 1500 PSI and the gauge is 3000 PSI, Thread for large CO2 tank is CGA320 and thread for soda stream tank is TR21-4.
- One cylinder included. Each can make up to 60 liters of carbonated drinks
- Compatible with all brands of soda makers that use the threaded 60L CO2 cartridge
- Use the shipping carton to do a simple online exchange without having to leave home. Includes pre-paid CO2 return label.
- Drinkmate’s online exchange program also accepts SodaStream and Soda Sense cylinders for recycling and refill
CGA320 G1/2 CO2 Cylinder Refill Adapter Hose – CO2 Refill Adapter Fill Station Connector Kit,For Soda Maker Filling for Tank Bottle,36 Inch Hose Dual Valve with Gauge
This soda maker refill adapter can be used to refill small CO2 tanks from larger CO2 tanks, with 2 turns on/off valves and 1pressure gauge, which is easy to use.
CGA-320 CO2 Cylinder Refill Adapter Bottle Connector CO2 Tank Soda Maker Accessories with Hose for Filling Soda Tank (36Inch)
- The refill adapter can be used to refill small CO2 tanks from larger CO2 tanks, with 2 turns on/off valves, convenient to use.
- The refill adapter is US CGA-320(G1/2), working pressure: of 3000psi, please make sure your CO2 tank is the same size. And this adapter can’t be used for paintball.
- If the small bottle thimble is very thick and cannot be inflated, please replace the thin thimble bottle, otherwise, it will not be inflated.
- The big CO2 bottle should have enough pressure, if it is liquid CO2 in the big bottle, invert the big CO2 bottle to inflate.
Upgrade CGA320 to TR21-4 Soda maker Co2 Tank Cylinder Direct Adapter with 60 inches High-Pressure Hose, Soda Maker direct Connector for Soda Club (Gauge and bleed valve)
- A high-pressure hose is made of nylon + TPU + fiber material, It has the advantages of anti-rust, anti-corrosion, wear resistance, anti-aging, not easy to deform, etc, Working pressure is 4800PSI
- Function upgrade, A new generation of hoses with pressure gauge and exhaust valve, More convenient and safe to use. Standard size, Perfectly compatible, The external hose adapter kit is made of 100% solid brass, Not only beautiful But also safe and hygienic, thick and very durable
- A high-pressure hose has a length of 60 inches, Can be applied to most scenarios, This external hose connect a large CO2 tank and machine, Suitable for a standard CGA-320 CO2 gas tank, Please check the interface type before buying
- The Tr21-4 interface has a detachable adapter, a Quick connect interface, Very simple and convenient to use.
Cylinder Adapter, Easy Installation Metal Structure Pressure Gauge Polishing Surface CO2 Connector with Release Valve for Filling Soda Storage Tanks
- FOR CO2 FILLING: High-quality CO2 tank refill adapter connector kit for soda water tank filling.
- DURABLE MATERIAL: This CO2 replacement adapter is made from high-quality material, polished, and surface coating.
- WITH RELEASE VALVE: It has a release valve that refills to safely release residual gas from the adapter.
- SAFE CONTROL: The ON-OFF valve is used for safe control of gas release and this adapter can safely replace the large tank.
- PRESSURE GAUGE: Equipped with a pressure gauge to guarantee that the pressure does not exceed the pressure gauge of the receiver tank.
- TR21‑4 female thread, easy installation, the old one can be replaced directly.
- Good sealing performance, no leakage when connected with the cylinder, more convenient to use.
- Exquisite workmanship and excellent performance, easy to use this adapter to fill CO2 to Soda tank.
- Made of high-quality aluminum alloy material with high hardness, durable in use.
- Stable performance and high reliability, adjustable valves ensure compatibility with any cylinder valve variation.
CGA320 G1/2 CO2 Cylinder Refill Adapter, CO2 Tank Bottle Fill Station Connector Kit for Filling Soda Tank(24inch Hose Dual Valve With Gauge)
- The36inch hose is braided from high-quality stainless steel, And tightly connected with 100% solid brass fittings, Has good airtightness, 3000PSI working pressure, is strong and sturdy, Safe and reliable
- The refill adapter is equipped with a pressure gauge, Can clearly know the magnitude of the pressure, Safer to use. And with two on-off valves (For filling and venting), Simple to use
- The refill adapter can be used to refill small CO2 tanks from larger CO2 tanks, The refill adapter is US CGA-320(G1/2), Please make sure the thread type of the CO2 tank is the same before purchase
Refill Adapter Kit, CO2 Refill Adapter Cylinder Fill Station Connector Kit, Adjustable Soda Valve for Filling Soda Maker Tank
- Easy to use and connect, carbon dioxide can be filled into soda bottles.
- With 3000psi pressure gauge and 8mm male connector, suitable for carbon dioxide filling.
- The adjustable valve pin ensures compatibility with any cylinder valve changes.
- Made of high‑quality aluminum alloy, it is safe, durable, and corrosion‑resistant.
- The integrated safety pressure valve will no longer leak when connected to the cylinder.
Cylinder Refill Adapter, CO2 Connector Polishing Surface Metal Structure Pressure Gauge with Release Valve for Filling Soda Storage Tanks
- High-quality CO2 tank refill adapter connector kit for tank filling.
- This CO2 replace adapter is made from high-quality material, polished and surface coated.
- It has a release valve that re-fills to safely release residual gas from the adapter.
- Equipped with a pressure gauge to guarantee that the pressure does not exceed the pressure gauge of the receiver tank.
- The ON/OFF valve is used for safe control of gas release and this adapter can safely replace the large tank.
How to use:
- Screw the to a larger CO2 gas cylinder.
- Wait for the cylinder to be completely filled, about 30 sec. The close valve of the large gas bottle.
- Connect quick disconnect. Open the valve of the large gas bottle.
- The empty cylinder is screwed into the fill.
- Opening the Vent bleed valve screw to drain residue remaining gas. Unscrew the CO2 cartridge – done.
- Made of high-quality material, which is durable and not easy to damage.
- The installation method is easy, an direct replacement for the old one.
- Good sealing performance, no air leakage when connecting with the cylinder.
- Exquisite workmanship and stable performance, practical soda accessory.
- With a 3000psi gauge, convenient for control and easy to use, reliable.