If you enjoy hydrating yourself with carbonated water and are a proud owner of a SodaStream cylinder then equipment like a CO2 adapter for your SodaStream refill will become a part of your new vocabulary. So today we’ll be sharing with you different Co2 adapter options for all your SodaStream refill needs.
A CO2 adapter for your SodaStream refill is key when you are into soda stream machines and all there is to it. The refilling adapter is used to safely refill SodaStream cylinders from larger donor cylinders.
As you may imagine, these can be found in different models; so how do you know which one to pick. Keep reading to find out some of the best CO2 adapter options you can find currently in the market and that are totally worth it.
CO2 Refill FAQ’s
Can you get CO2 cartridges refilled?
The Tactical Refillable 12g CO2/Green Gas Cartridge is an economical alternative for all CO2-powered airsoft pistols. It can also be refilled with a bulk supply of CO2 (e.g., refillable CO2 Made out of high-impact grade aluminum, this CO2 cartridge will perform its best through each can of green gas or CO2.
Can I refill my SodaStream CO2?
If you’ve run out of CO2, you don’t need to buy a completely new cylinder. SodaStream provides you with the service of ordering a refill. You can simply schedule a refill online and they’ll mail you a new cylinder. Keep in mind that you must then mail back or return to them your now-empty CO2 cylinder.
Is CO2 expensive?
However, industrial CO2 for use in various industries is still relatively expensive. The price of industrial CO2 in a 1 MT tank is approximately US$250 per metric ton (MT) and that of a 100 lb tank is over US$1,500 per MT.
Does Home Depot refill CO2 tanks?
Unfortunately, Home Depot is unable to refill Co2 tanks in its stores. Other retailers such as Walmart, Airgas, Amazon, and more are able to provide Co2 refills, with some even offering the service in-store. You can also fill your own Co2 tanks at home if this is more convenient.
Does Walmart refill c02?
While Walmart does not have the ability to offer refills, they do allow you to exchange SodaStream Co2 cylinders. Simply bring your empty refill cylinder into your local Walmart store to exchange it for a full one.
Does Walmart sell CO2 refill cartridges?
Some manufacturers do make CO2 cartridges that are not food grade and strictly for gun use. The co2 cartridge Walmart is the Crosman 12-Gram CO2 Powerlet Cartridges for Use with Air Rifles and Air Pistols.
How do you prepare a cylinder refill adapter to connect to your SodaStream?
SodaStream Cylinder To ensure the SodaStream cylinder will accept its full capacity of gas / liquid CO2, it is recommended to put the SodaStream cylinder in a freezer for 2 hours prior to refilling. This is not essential, but it will ensure the cylinder is filled to full capacity. Freezing lowers the pressure inside the cylinder, which enables it to readily accept more CO2.
How do you connect the SodaStream refill adapter?
- Connect the refill adapter to the parent/donor cylinder at the adapter inlet. Tighten using a spanner or wrench (do not hand-tighten).
- Ensure the shutoff valve on the adapter is closed by turning fully clockwise. Use gentle/moderate force to tighten, as over-tightening may damage the valve.
- Turn the knob of the SodaStream isolation valve fully anticlockwise. This will retract the pin inside the adapter which ensures when the SodaStream cylinder is screwed in, it will not press the SodaStream valve to release the gas.
- Screw the SodaStream adapter into the refill adapter body. The output of the SodaStream adapter may point in any direction, rather than vertically as shown, this is not a problem and will not affect the refilling of the cylinder.
- Screw the SodaStream cylinder into the adapter. Tighten until the cylinder slips in your hand.
- Open the valve on the parent/donor cylinder to release the gas.
- Turn the knob of the SodaStream isolation valve in a clockwise direction until it cannot be turned any further.
- Slowly turn the shutoff valve anticlockwise, which will release the gas from the refill adapter. You will hear gas begin to enter the cylinder.
- Continue to refill until either the pressure indicated on the gauge reaches the pressure of the recipient cylinder or you can no longer hear gas being transferred. Once refilling is complete, turn the shutoff valve clockwise to shut off the CO2.
- Turn the knob of the SodaStream isolation valve anticlockwise to isolate the SodaStream cylinder.
- Slowly turn the purge/dump valve anticlockwise to release the residual gas contained in the apparatus. Upon doing so, you will hear a pronounced ‘hiss’ – this is normal. Once all of the gas has been released, turn the valve clockwise to close it again for next use.
- Remove the SodaStream cylinder from the adapter.
- The weight of the refilled cylinder should then approximately equal the weight specified on the cylinder.
- Once you have finished refilling all cylinders, close the valve on the parent/donor cylinder by turning clockwise and then dump the residual trapped gas in the apparatus by turning the shutoff valve anticlockwise.
What to keep in mind when choosing a CO2 adapter for SodaStream?
- Function. Consider the functionality of a Co2 Adapter For Sodastream before purchasing it. The functionality of any Co2 Adapter For Sodastream usually depends on the specs it contains. The more sophisticated the specs are, the higher the functionality.
- Brand. Different sellers sell different types of brands and it is important to understand each type of brand in order to make the right decision. High-quality and popular brands like Apple brand usually cost more compared to less popular ones.
CO2 Adapter For Your Sodastream Refill
The standard CGA-320 soda stream co2 cartridges are suitable for most household soda stream maker machines; they can be connected to a large CO2 storage tank, such as a 5lb, 20lb, or 50lb commercial CO2 storage tank.
This soda stream cartridges after the latest upgrade design, the airtightness is improved and the hose material is upgraded-the hose material is made of nylon + TPU + fiber.
The rubber ring is made of food-grade materials, which is safer and more reliable; the soda stream adapter is made of stainless steel and brass, which has high-temperature ductility and low permeability.
- Stainless steel and brass
- Easy to Install
This adapter cylinder will enable you to fill CO2 from your larger bulk cylinder into smaller soda cylinders.
Made using brass material to ensure a long product lifetime and as well as strong durability under constant usage.
This CO2 refill adapter can be used with large co2 tanks with a CGA320 connector, most commonly used for kegerators/homebrew beer.
- 4 pcs Big Gasket
- 4 pcs Small Gasket
- Easy Operation
The Tr21-4 interface has a detachable adapter, a quick-connect interface, very simple and convenient to use.
The high-pressure hose is made of nylon + TPU + fiber material, It has the advantages of anti-rust, anti-corrosion, wear resistance, anti-aging, not easy to deform, etc,
A new generation of hoses with pressure gauge and exhaust valve, More convenient and safe to use. Standard size, perfectly compatible. The external hose adapter kit is made of 100% solid brass. It is not only beautiful but also safe and hygienic, thick and very durable.
- 100% solid Brass
This soda stream CO2 adapter kit is easy to install and remove. It connects a large CO2 tank and SodaStream machine for instant savings in refills. Allows using a standard CGA-320 CO2 tank cylinder in most soda machines.
The upgraded soda stream adapter hose kit improved air tightness, ensured safety, and had wider adaptability, it can be connected to more models of CO2 tanks, such as 5lb, 20lb, or 50lb CO2 storage tanks.
The 60in cga320 to tr21-4 soda stream adapter hose is made of stainless steel and solid brass, High-pressure resistance, high-temperature resistance, anti-rust, anti-corrosion, anti-aging, not easy to deform.
- Solid Brass
The refill adapter can be used to refill small CO2 tanks from larger CO2 tanks, with 2 turns on/off valves, convenient to use.
The refill adapter is US CGA-320(G1/2), working pressure: 3000psi, please make sure your CO2 tank is the same size.
The big CO2 bottle should have enough pressure, if it is liquid CO2 in the big bottle, invert the big CO2 bottle to inflate.
- Stainless Steel
- 24 inch/ 36 inch
Allows using a standard CGA-320 large CO2 tank in most soda stream machines.
Works with most soda stream Soda Machines and allows normal operation without any permanent changes.
This system allows you to connect your soda stream machine to the CG320 co2 tank. Outlet Valve, like 5lb, 20LB, or 50lb commercial CO2 tanks.
- 60 inch/150cm
- Easy to Install
The adapter is made out of high-quality material and comes with spare parts. During the refill process, the liquefied CO2 contacts the adapter material at freezing temperatures, which causes rubber washers to disintegrate after the first few refills.
With the material used in the MHandS adapter, you taste carbonated water, nothing else. Use the scale to weigh the Sodastream cylinder before and after the fill.
The MHandS Refill Adapter connects the Sodastream Cylinder with any large CO2 Tank.
- High Quality
- Easy to Install
CO2 Adapter For Your Sodastream Refill Additional Tips
- To prevent underfill – close the Donor tank valve, then open the release valve on the side of the adapter, prior to unscrewing the bottle.
- The lower the Sodastream cylinder temperature, the lower Sodastream cylinder internal pressure, the easier it for CO2 to flow from the Donor tank. Sodastream cylinder after freezer will increase max filled capacity.
- It might take several fills (up to 4) to reach Max capacity.
- Keep the normal Donor tank in an inverted position and NOT invert the Soda Siphon Donor tank. The Siphon Donor tank has an internal tube that reaches the bottom so what comes out is liquid CO2. Gaseous CO2 is always at the top and inverting the Siphon Donor tank will make the internal tube reach the gaseous CO2 and will reduce filling capacity. The upright position for a normal (none Siphon) Donor tank is wrong for the same reason.
- Gunk, corrosion has built up around the Sodastream cylinder internal valve. If you have more than one cylinder available, the easiest way to test for issues with the valve is to swap cylinders.
- New design Sodastream cylinders with the flat valve are more difficult to refill. If a Sodastream cylinder valve has a pin, it will be much easier to refill.